SL Fashion for the Rest of Us

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Dresses? Really?

I am a self-professed dress hater. As a rule, I despise them. Skirts, eh, but dresses....I would rather go naked, SL or RL, it doesn't matter. However, their are certain circumstances that, if one continues to wish to be counted among the female population, one must be in a dress of some sort.
Because of this, I'd like to highlight two of my absolute favorite dresses in SL. Both are veeeeeeery different. One I can wear whenever I have to show up for some girly pasttime with my adorably and disgustingly feminine friends, and the other was my SL wedding dress. Enjoy.


Dress: (CS) Aphrodixia in Ruby
Love everything about this dress. I did have a bit of an issue fixing the placement of the prim skirt, but that might just be my issue due to my shape and my lack of experience with skirt parts. The dress is sexy, with what appers to be a cutout showing a bra underneath, but in reality, its part of the dress. It maintains some level of class while still being fun and not overly girly.



Hair: Exile Jordin in Snow
Shoes: Unique Needs Dolly Goth Chunky Spy Pumps in black (my favorite pair of heels, EVER!)


June is the month of weddings, so they say.
Now, my "sister" in SL is getting married on Saturday, (Sorry, Kat! I have to work in RL that day. *cries*) and thinking about it made me think of my own wedding in SL. As you may be able to guess, I am not overly traditional. Neither in my partner. Because of this, we decided on a masquerade ball theme wedding. I found the most gorgeous non-traditional dress ever....I have no idea when I will ever wear it again, but it has earned its place in my inventory.

It's big. It's poofy. It causes lag with the giant flowing train. But it's also uber gorgeous. The texturing is absolutely amazing, and it amuses me to spin in circles and watch it move.
Outfit (gloves, train and veil included): Sn@oks Wedding Bersbita


Because it was a masquerade, of course I need a mask!
Mask: Illusions Valkyrie mask, originally in black but modded
Hair: ETD Grace in platinum (modded a bit)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home